Sunday, March 8, 2009

Where have all the the treehouses gone?

I don't spend a whole lot of time at my treehouse anymore: I build at Chania when I have some serious building to do, I dance at different clubs. I use the house primarily to change in, so I didn't notice until this morning that half the island is vacant! All the treehouses are gone, except mine. The owner recently erected a 4 story apartment building where a villa used to be. I feel like an endangered species. It reminds me of the Carly Simon song in which they paved Paradise and put up a parking lot. My friend Bridget helped me to find this place. She is a rental agent and we spent some time looking for a fantasy sim where my tree house would be welcome. I dread the thought of having to find another place to live.

This morning I went on a hunt for a St Patrick outfit that looked very cute in the pictures. The shop owner would have been pleased: it took me 90 minutes to find all 10 teeny-tiny shamrocks! The little shoulder rabbit and the scarf were in the subscribomatic, but the dress, hat, bangles, leggings and shoes were all in the little shamrocks. And I am wondering if I wasted my time - the only part I really like is the skirt: it has just the hint of a lacy black petticoat beneath (Tori are you listening)

Yesterday afternoon I went to Frank's (to read profiles, of course) and came across what I thought was the worst dressy outfit I had ever seen. I am sure the lady in question thought it the height of SL fashion - but I knew I had to share it with you all.

No comments: