Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Fun

So what did I do today? Well, I spent 4 hours adapting a medieval "ghost" story for presentation at the weekly Fireside Storytelling in Erebos. This tale was first written down by Gervase of Tilbury in the early 13th century. Gervase was one of the first to travel and "collect" local folklore and this particular tale was from a country called Arles. I have adapted the story a bit to fit the occasion, but it IS folklore and so probably had many forms. I added some emotes for my character, as well as memories she has of her granny telling the tale. And of course, the wording was changed a bit to fit the "chat" method of presentation. But if you want to hear it, you will have to come and sit by the fireside...

I did a bit of freebie shopping as well. I think this year's Halloween freebies are of much better quality than last year's. I need a different costume for each show I do this week and tonight's "Ghoul 2 Ghoul" theme had me baffled until I snagged 3 great freebies that, combined with a couple of things in my inventory, will yield a perfectly ghoulish outfit that fits MY style and the Funk theme. Look for me tonight at Linri's with my little brother Tulsa Sheridan, who is back from his 6 week vacation. I hope he hasn't had a chance to buy bubblegum yet...

No comments: