Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Special Parties

The Fae Fest was fantastic! And Tori's 2 directional revolving dance floor worked perfectly under the maypole. We were all very festive. Ot was her usual fabulous self; she recited Beltane poetry and the music was perfect. I heard later from others who were overjoyed to hear music that stayed In Character for a role play sim. (So many times the music is jarringly modern!) As the day grew warmer I doffed my veils one by one. Tori kept pulling me out of the circle and we would head to the bushes to...well, you get the picture. Good thing I had taken my birth control potion! I was exhausted by the time Hispa's ghost arrived and told everyone to put on their Ag meters. It seems we had ignored a group of attacking drows and they were most put out with us! Ah role play is so much fun!

I sometimes get requests to appear at private parties and this weekend I am doing a wedding reception that is classic rock! And this is MY classic rock period: 50s & 60s! The lucky couple originally wanted me to present couples dances, but I suggested we just set up pair spots and dance the pairs as couples on my singles HUD. This period is mostly fast dances anyway, so I can perform a variety of dances for them. I am really looking forward to this set - it should be a lot of fun.

I received a request yesterday from one of the merfolk asking me to lead a mermaid dance for them. At first I told her I would be very happy to do that, but when I reflected, it seems that I will not be able to do that. My character is a fairy and will drown in water. And I thought about setting up a mermaid alt just for the dance, but my mer dances don't transfer and I don't have the money to buy new ones. (Tips have been a bit slow the last couple of months.) So I had to turn her down. Drat! That would have been tons of fun. I love new challenges!

Two hours later: Klara and Essie sorted out the drowning problem. Everyone who wants to attend and is not a merman or a mermaid will be given a potion that will transform them into merfolk snd allow them to safely dance beneath the sea (just like the Harry Potter book)! I can dance as a mermaid now. /me looks for very tiny clam shells.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest an aqua lung or a goldfish bowl over your head :)

Emyly Beaumont said...

Wouldn't you rather dance with a mermaid? /me flicks her tail flirtatiously.

Anonymous said...

Im not a big fan of Fish.

;)