Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dancing news

First, I need to tell you that there is a new pairs slow dance version 8. If you haven't seen it yet, come to Linri's Palace and try it out. I had Johnni put it in the Couples Dance Machine yesterday morning. This dance is lots of fun, incorporating some sexy tango steps and a hand being kissed! It goes well with slow jazz or blues.

Next, I now have a professional resume. I am always approached by club owners in the middle of a show and it is difficult to IM while paying attention to the music, especially under severe lag conditions when I have to anticipate tempo changes by as many as 3 seconds. The exercise of creating a resume also helped me realize exactly what it is that I do. I feel so good about this now....

Third, I have a new booking. Next Friday from 2-4 I will be at La Scala choreographing dances for DJ Cordova Decosta. La Scala is a very elegant ballroom. I checked it out this morning. It is large and open with nice wide camera angles. I have yet to check out the DJ, but I will be doing that as soon as I can. First gigs can be difficult if you are not familiar with a DJ's style or music. I hope to avoid any awkwardness on my part by eliminating as much of the unknown as possible. So I will be off to visit Blackhearts Cafe. Cordova apparently plays heavier stuff there, but I can at least get a feel for style.

No comments: