Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dancing.... (again)

If you missed the Pajama Party at the Pink Palace last week you missed a really great time! We had a terrific pillow fight and then we bounced on a bed! Jim Wheeling set out two beds, pushed them together and we danced on them to Xavia Palmira's bouncy music. We were silly and had a lot of fun. As usual, I was too busy dancing and laughing to take pictures, but Jim promised to post pictures on his Facebook site. I went to sleep that night with a huge smile on my face.

The theme for the next party is "Summer Showers." Let's see how creative you can be... I will probably be a bit tired, because it is after the performance of "Polyamour," but I am sure we will have just as much fun as last week.

Last night I went to a performance of Ballet Pixelle's "AvaTara." I seldom get a chance to see their performances anymore due to time constraints so I invited a couple of my friends to join me. The sets were simple and the dance was relaxed. But it showcased the possibilities of movement within SL. If you get a chance to see it, please go. Their regular performances are on Sundays at 5 PM. Oh! and I got autographs from everyone in the cast, especially my friend Tik Merlin and a fellow dancer with La Perf Deyna Broek. Once again, no pictures, I apologize.

"Polyamour" is a very unique performance and I don't think the concept has been realized before. It will be 6 dance numbers set to a live concert by Reis, a very talented Brazilian singer with a lovely voice. We have been working very hard to get used to the unusual sets that Jie has created: tilted, curved and/or multi-tiered stages that are difficult to get oriented on. And the costumes are a bit...unusual. If you don't like nudity, this is not the show for you to see. (I am not in those dance numbers, so don't get your hopes up.) This is the ONLY scheduled performance for this concert so please don't miss it, Sunday at 2:30 PM.

Join my group for an LM (check notices) or contact me in world before Sunday.

No comments: