Saturday, November 1, 2008

Farewell Halloween. Hello Normality

I had so much fun this week with Halloween. Linri encouraged us all to wear Halloween attire for the entire week! And I had a ball scrambling through my inventory every day to find a casual outfit AND at least one (if not two) fancier costumes for shows. My outfits got increasingly less Emy-like as the week progressed and I was runnning pretty thin by the time Friday rolled around. For my 80's set I dressed as a "Madonna Wannabe" with a little fashion advice from my good friend Cas. The outfit was Cute and Out Of Character(it showed a lot of Emy), but Momma Ot had decreed "scary costume" for her Celtic Samhain set so I needed a second costume for the day. I started out very Victorian, with hair piled on my head, a lace choker and a lovely purple and black gown. Cute but not scary. Then I remembered a knee length Goth dress buried deep in my closet. What could be scarier than Goth Emy? So I found some platform boots and bought a milk white Goth skin to go with it! And when my friend showed up as The Crow with absolutely gorgeous black wings, I felt that I had made the right choice. We got to dance for all of 10 minutes before I had to go on to choreo. But we looked great together for those 10 minutes.

Today I have put on a simple blue dress and I almost feel as if I have lost a part of me. The wild elation I felt Thursday and Friday has settled down. I liked experimenting with different looks. Maybe I will occasionally dress a little differently in the future...

No comments: