Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hungry SL

SL must have been hungry yesterday morning because it ate my entire dance HUD complete with all my dances. I was rezzing on my own land, I had checked the Grid Status to be sure there weren't any problems and when I took the HUD back into inventory, it disappeared into a black hole. I submitted a ticket immediately, of course, but I have yet to hear from LL. What is worse is that I had a guest who was also rezzing her HUD and she lost hers, too. I promised to replace her HUD and her dances, and I will, but I was sick; a pit in my stomach for hours. I had over 160 dances that I had been collecting since January. It will take about 50,000 lindens to replace them all, even if I can remember where I bought them. I have listed my 1/4 sim for sale and hope it sells quickly.

Last night I went to Sine Wave, Henmations and Animazoo to replace some of the dances I lost. I purchased about 63, trying to concentrate on the ones I used most. And when I woke up this morning, I realized I had better consult my notebook of scored dances. Sure enough, the ones I had decided not to buy are ones I used more frequently than I thought. Ah well, today I will have to hit Owenimations. And then I will be flat broke until I sell my land. Thank goodness I have no bookings until Saturday. I will have time to set up a new HUD. The HUD is all-purpose, it even had my walks, sits, standing and landing AOs in it. Not that those are my biggest losses; it is just that I feel crippled and naked without my HUD!

3 comments:

G said...

did you sell your land yet, Em?

-Gregg

Emyly Beaumont said...

Ah, the land is another story, Gregg. Please see my Ketchup post. The HUD did come back - absolutely empty and useless. *sighs

Unknown said...

AAAAAAAAGH.

Emy, the thought of you having to rebuild that inventory of wonderful dances is terrible. Now I feel really depressed...