Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Salsa Night

Maggie McArdles is another DJ I have a lot of fun with. Every Tuesday night at the Blue Moon she does a set with a theme. Her music selections keep to the theme and we always dress to match the theme. I have danced Broadway, 50's and 60's in the last month. Tonight was Salsa Night. What a challenge. I searched the HUD for all the dances that could possibly fit with Latin music and then added a few of the (very poor) Salsa freebies that are available. I managed to find a grand total of 62 - barely enough to keep variety in two hours of dancing. And Salsa is not my strong point. Cuka Carter is sooo good at it. She knows the dances so well that she can compensate for poorly scripted endings on the freebie dances. I only had a day to practice, but I managed. And I had a blast. All the ladies wore beautiful Salsa dresses and the men tried their hardest to match us. Hehe. I am tired, but happy, so tonight I have fulfilled the goal listed in my profile: dance every night and go to sleep with a smile on my face. Good night everyone.

1 comment:

Casandra Shilova said...

Hurray for fulfilling such a wonderful desire! *hugs*