Monday, June 29, 2009

OOC: Don't read if you want sugar coated Emy

I am Jonesing for my Tori fix. Between my busy RL weekend and his RL schedule, not to mention living 5 time zones apart, we haven't met up in the last few days and the IM we shared was not very satisfactory. It seemed to me that the friends I spoke with the last few days were cranky, but now that I think about it, I am sure that was just my reaction.

crank⋅y /{krang-kee] : ill-tempered; grouchy; cross: I'm always cranky when I don't get enough sleep.

I haven't been getting enough sleep at night because I wake up at 2.30 AM with a brain that worries about my lack of income. And I wake up cold at 4.00 AM. And I had some upsetting news two days ago when my son announced that he was seriously considering entering the military!

I don't think wars are merited. I know friends who never returned from Vietnam, and I was married briefly to a Vietnam vet. Later, I was married for a long time to a Navy man. I have a few Vietnam vets numbered amongst my friends today as well as peacetime military retirees, too. So I understand the need for enforcement. But there has to be a better way to settle differences than people killing each other. And I thought my son believed the same thing. I feel as if I am being betrayed, but perhaps I should be grateful that he can make his own decisions in an intelligent matter. He is a very smart young man and I am inordinately proud of him. He tested with the highest mark on the aptitude tests and has recruiters calling him so he will be able to pick and choose. But I still hope he choose a different course.

And now, back to Emy.

No comments: